Chat Room [1]
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Missing Aisle Seats in New CMS ...
Notices

(#1) Old
Loyal Bear

Missing Aisle Seats in New CMS ... - 09-01-2012, 06:55 PM

So on top of having a wonderful day in the sun and watching the cluster-f that is our football team, it started off with a bang when trying to find my seat. You see, I have three tickets - seats 19-21* with number 21 being an aisle seat. Well, wouldn't you believe it - when I tried to sit down it turns out that there is not a seat number 21. Yes, you read that correctly - Cal AD sold me a season ticket to a seat that is not in the stadium...

I talked to a customer service person at the stadium and they advised that last night around 6pm when doing their final walkthrough they realized that someone made a rather embarrassing mistake, and in fact they don't have enough room for 21 seats in my row. They were taking down peoples seat's and names and are supposed to call/email me on tuesday to provide me with some options.

I personally am looking for three new seats in the fancy new section - they seem to have plenty of availability over there. Unbelievable. It worked out this week because the people right next to us didn't show so we had room, but when we get into the conference games, there is no way that I am having one of my three seats be re-seated somewhere random and splitting us up. The incompetence is stunning, really.
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

09-01-2012, 07:02 PM

Insist on the university club. It looked like at least a 75% vacancy up there. I wonder, do they allow smoking up on that magnificent deck?
  (#3) Old
no bear

09-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post
So on top of having a wonderful day in the sun and watching the cluster-f that is our football team, it started off with a bang when trying to find my seat. You see, I have three tickets - seats 19-21* with number 21 being an aisle seat. Well, wouldn't you believe it - when I tried to sit down it turns out that there is not a seat number 21. Yes, you read that correctly - Cal AD sold me a season ticket to a seat that is not in the stadium...

I talked to a customer service person at the stadium and they advised that last night around 6pm when doing their final walkthrough they realized that someone made a rather embarrassing mistake, and in fact they don't have enough room for 21 seats in my row. They were taking down peoples seat's and names and are supposed to call/email me on tuesday to provide me with some options.

I personally am looking for three new seats in the fancy new section - they seem to have plenty of availability over there. Unbelievable. It worked out this week because the people right next to us didn't show so we had room, but when we get into the conference games, there is no way that I am having one of my three seats be re-seated somewhere random and splitting us up. The incompetence is stunning, really.
That is just stunning
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

09-01-2012, 07:11 PM

There are a couple other posts tonight about seat FUBARs. I think this is a big issue and not just an isolated incident.
  (#5) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

09-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalus View Post

Holy sh*t.

I would insist on FREE tickets in the cush section for two season (minimum) or go to Finny on your side or whatever...

That is a MASSIVE faceplant.

Unbelievable. :facep alm
  (#6) Old
Active Bear

09-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby View Post
There are a couple other posts tonight about seat FUBARs. I think this is a big issue and not just an isolated incident.
I've read other posts about people being sold seats that now do not exist, but I for one, am pissed off about the lack of space in the sections, this makes me very uncomfortable, having to sit in an area for 3-4 hours with people just nudging me from ALL SIDES AND ANGLES.
  (#7) Old
New Bear

09-01-2012, 08:00 PM

I was surprised that they reduced the seating on the east side. My section used to have 24 seats but now only has 22. It had to have been a conscious decision to provide a little more seating space, but someone forgot to tell the people selling the tickets.
  (#8) Old
Active Bear

This happened to the people... - 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM

...sitting right next to us on the aisle in section U. They had seats 22 and 23, but there was NO SEAT 23! We've got the four seats next to them and luckily one of our party couldn't make it, so they had room. But I feel sucked into this blunder too, because it seems like they're reluctant to move. Now it's my job to confront this nice older couple and kick them out of our seats.
I am INCENSED with the ATO!
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

09-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Luckily the "seats" are just stickers, so they can get a new roll of stickers and re-space and assign another seat to your row. No problem!

(#10) Old
Active Bear

09-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
Luckily the "seats" are just stickers, so they can get a new roll of stickers and re-space and assign another seat to your row. No problem!

I hope this is the solution. I'd gladly give up an inch or two of butt room.
  (#11) Old
Active Bear

09-01-2012, 09:24 PM

We were among a whole row of people who were assigned seats in a row that just didn't exist! No bench nor numbers. Just a 6" concrete lip at the base of the top rim of the stadium. Our first year of season tickets is not off to an auspicious start. And then there was the game!