Chat Room [35]
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Whiteside declared academically ineligible for 2012
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
MoragaBear MoragaBear is online now
Staff Writer
 
MoragaBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,509
Join Date: Jul 2008
Helmet Whiteside declared academically ineligible for 2012 - 08-28-2012, 09:47 AM

And the Cecil drama continues...


Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
tim94501 tim94501 is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,978
Join Date: Dec 2010
08-28-2012, 09:50 AM

Man wtf????? So Tedford was wrong about him improving his academic standing or????? How did this change so f*ckin fast?
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
ferCALgm2 ferCALgm2 is online now
Real Bear
 
ferCALgm2's Avatar
 
Posts: 640
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Solano County
08-28-2012, 09:50 AM

Is this probably the end of it? Sucks...
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
ManBear ManBear is offline
Loyal Bear
 
ManBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,103
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hogging the Bench Press
08-28-2012, 09:51 AM

Sad trombone.
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
BoaltBear BoaltBear is online now
Real Bear
 
BoaltBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,549
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco
08-28-2012, 09:52 AM

Is he still "on the team" even though he's ineligible? Or is he now off the team after being reinstated?
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
HaasBear04 HaasBear04 is offline
Loyal Bear
 
HaasBear04's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,941
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Ruh roh..
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Davidson Davidson is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Davidson's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,853
Join Date: Oct 2008
08-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaltBear View Post
Is he still "on the team" even though he's ineligible? Or is he now off the team after being reinstated?
my question also
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
MoragaBear MoragaBear is online now
Staff Writer
 
MoragaBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 19,509
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-28-2012, 09:58 AM

He's still with the team, yes.

With regard to Tedford "not knowing," grades just came out. There was nothing to know till then. But Whiteside's earlier dismissal from the team was not purely academic. There were other issues they choose not to publicize so that's the way it's going to be.


Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
TarzanaBear TarzanaBear is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 540
Join Date: Jul 2012
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM

.
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Davidson Davidson is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Davidson's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,853
Join Date: Oct 2008
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM

So, after this year, does he have 3 to play 3 or 3 to play 2 or 2 to play 2.
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
BoaltBear BoaltBear is online now
Real Bear
 
BoaltBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,549
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco
08-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Got it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
71Bear 71Bear is online now
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Posts: 9,494
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-28-2012, 10:07 AM

According to JT, there is a program in place in which the assistants track the academic performance of the players (a red, yellow, green system). This is a program that has been highly touted by JT and is one in which he is justifiably proud.

Question: If this program is working correctly, how can the staff "not know" that a guy is in deep trouble?

It sounds like JT's great idea has been tossed into the dustbin or one of his staff members dropped the ball.

NOTE: I am not suggesting that the program prevents guys from failing; however, I am suggesting that when a guy does fail, it should NOT be a surprise to the staff.
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
72CalBear 72CalBear is offline
Loyal Bear
 
72CalBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,166
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-28-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Bear View Post
According to JT, there is a program in place in which the assistants track the academic performance of the players (a red, yellow, green system). This is a program that has been highly touted by JT and is one in which he is justifiably proud.

Question: If this program is working correctly, how can the staff "not know" that a guy is in deep trouble?

It sounds like JT's great idea has been tossed into the dustbin or one of his staff members dropped the ball.

NOTE: I am not suggesting that the program prevents guys from failing; however, I am suggesting that when a guy does fail, it should NOT be a surprise to the staff.
Sounds to me like CW actually "dropped the ball" academically.
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
GrizzledBear GrizzledBear is offline
Real Bear
 
GrizzledBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 840
Join Date: Jan 2011
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
He's still with the team, yes.

With regard to Tedford "not knowing," grades just came out. There was nothing to know till then.
bullsh.t, people know plenty along the way

Quote:
According to JT, there is a program in place in which the assistants track the academic performance of the players (a red, yellow, green system). This is a program that has been highly touted by JT and is one in which he is justifiably proud.

Question: If this program is working correctly, how can the staff "not know" that a guy is in deep trouble?
this ^

can't help but look at this and think that the more JT tries to control the less positive benefit comes out of it
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
LACalFan LACalFan is online now
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,956
Join Date: Feb 2009
08-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Jeff Tedford on LB Cecil Whiteside:
Quote:
"He was academically ineligible after the spring semester. He hasn't really been in the plans."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger