Originally Posted by oskiwanabe
I just bought plane tickets to get back to Berkeley for the first game at the renovated CMS. I am so up to see the renovations and the game.
Here is a partial list of what I would like to see to break in the renovated CMS.
1. A tribute to the WWI soldiers that the stadium honors.
2. An all stadium card stunt. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDWokF6qTE
3. A noteable and dignified singer for the National Anthem (without the audience making a joke out of "can you see")
4. A tribute to some of the great players and teams of the past.
5. A win. A big win. A great game.
6. A fly over by some loud jets (really close to the panoramic hill association). And a few Blimps too.
7. A parachutte landing.
8. A watter ballon sling shot contest from student section.
Thats all. (for now)
Pretty good list. Personally, don't care about the Anthem (but I'm one of those who think we cheapen it by singing it at every sporting event, high school play, etc); if it's to be sung, though, do it right.
Stadium-wide card stunt would be great, but can't see that happening. Heck, we can't even get organized enough to do cheers across the stadium.
Like the WWI reference; also like the tribute to past players. Maybe during every timeout, instead of blah-blah-blah advertising, we could see a different highlight reel from a different decade, as far back as we can go, on the video screens.
Flyover's only good if they continue and fire-bomb the hill homes. Skydiving is always cool. Student water balloons? I'm definitely in.
You know what I'd hope? Somewhere, somehow, there is some dirt left from before turf was put into Memorial. You know, that theoretically could have some of Andy Smith's ashes mixed in. That story always brings a lump to my throat, and I'd think a wonderful thing to do would be to plant some of that dirt somewhere in the stadium - maybe behind the Cal bench.
Yeah, and a win. A big win. Like the kind of win we had against Baylor, Tedford's first game. That kind of win.