Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Wilner on Maynard
Notices

(#16) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
Really? That is an absolutely horrible thing to say about one of our players. Terrible.
Really? "Absolutely Horrible"? Have you read some of the things on this board before? What would you classify those things as?
  (#17) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
Really? "Absolutely Horrible"? Have you read some of the things on this board before? What would you classify those things as?
If you're using the bad behavior of others as your excuse, then your statement makes perfect sense. I still disagree with it.
  (#18) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 09:45 AM

AMY chimed in. Looks like we should be fine. Whenever that little twerp posts it's time to go contrarian.
  (#19) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
I guess you take comfort in the notion that you're attitude is just plain horrible, then?

EDIT
Looks like I've been trolled. Thnx, Letsroll.

Last edited by chazzed; 03-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
  (#20) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsroll View Post
AMY chimed in. Looks like we should be fine. Whenever that little twerp posts it's time to go contrarian.
Very easy to go contrarian with such an asinine mean spirited remark.
  (#21) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 09:56 AM

Wilner is an idiot.
  (#22) Old
Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Whoever starts at QB better be on it right now! If it's to be Maynard, he is missing a valuable period of time in which to refine his skills. If he's able to return for Fall Camp, then perhaps we can salvage what he has missed.

OTOH, if it's to be Bridgeford, then we need him to be acknowledged as the starter. He needs to lead in Fall Camp and then he is fortunate as the first two games are against lesser competition and will be played at home. If he can master the beginning of the season, he should be prepared sufficiently to walk into the Horseshoe and not be overcome with nerves. This is followed up by playing in the Coliseum and again facing a hostile crowd and favored team.

I am not anti-Maynard, but I believe his missing Spring can hurt us down the line. I would like to see Bridgeford out there getting comfortable as the starter and being able to assume the leadership role that defines a quarterback. I see that as our best chance to challenge OSU and SC.
  (#23) Old
Loyal Bear

03-31-2012, 10:15 AM

I wish JT would make Maynard come out though so he flunks his classes and is ineligible so we have no choice but to play one of the other guys who are actually QBs[/quote]

Wow, we have reached a new low on this board(which I thought would be tough to do), you actually want one of the kids to FLUNK?!? Amazing! You are an idiot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With increased accomplishment comes increased humility.

I
  (#24) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bear View Post
I wish JT would make Maynard come out though so he flunks his classes and is ineligible so we have no choice but to play one of the other guys who are actually QBs
Wow, we have reached a new low on this board(which I thought would be tough to do), you actually want one of the kids to FLUNK?!? Amazing! You are an idiot![/quote]

One of the worst posts ever.
  (#25) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
How do you know this?

I am so tired of posters coming on and saying **** about our guys as if they had INSIDE INFORMATION of a personal nature. Say he sucks on the football field. Say he throws off his back foot to his off hand side. Say you hate his haircut. All that stuff is observable. But don't bring that weak stuff when it comes to behind the scenes info. Either you know it to be true (and then should keep your trap shut if you are actually his friend or a friend of the program) or don't make sh*t up.
I do know 2 guys that give me inside info from time to time. One guy who knows most of the players because of his unique work with recruits told me. He hasn't been wrong yet. If he is this time, then it would be a first. I didn't bad mouth Maynard at all, I simply said he had units to make up to stay eligible. It is info relevant to the program I would think. Sorry if you find it unworthy. It isn't any worse than some of the posters here bad mouthing others politics or religion that has NOTHING to do with football.. Do you bash those guys too?....
  (#26) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzed View Post
I guess you take comfort in the notion that you're attitude is just plain horrible, then?

EDIT
Looks like I've been trolled. Thnx, Letsroll.
Jesus u say one joke on the boards and everyone things your serious. If i put a smiley face at the end no one would have said a thing
  (#27) Old
Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 11:06 AM

Did I miss something? So far I've read one practice missed due to classes. Has he missed more? Is there a confirmed academic issue that we thought didn't exist?

Now's the opportunity for AB to win the starting spot. I hope he doesn't waste this chance.
  (#28) Old
Real Bear

03-31-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALiforniALUM View Post
My most frustrating observation over the years with JT has been the utter lack of appearance and acknowledgment of needing to get the QB depth chart some meaningful minutes.
Yeah, I don't want Cal to finally have a good QB (after 3 years of 'development') and for him to go down with no capable backup...effectively sending the program in a tailspin.
  (#29) Old
Real Bear

Ha, ha - we need relief....... - 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM

This is most dysfunction thread in a while. Have at it boys, let's shed some blood.............
  (#30) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-31-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal88 View Post
More snaps for our backup QBs. As well, Maynard will have the benefit of summer camp.
Allen and the freshmen WRs won't be here until Summer anyway.

This is a good opportunity for Tedford to work with Bridgford, Hinder, Boehm and Kline--hopefully to challenge for this year or at least be capable QBs, but in the least because one of those guys is going to be our QB next year.