Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Ok...now i am pissed!!!
Notices

(#31) Old
Loyal Bear

03-16-2012, 07:40 PM

Jesus Christ, you're both wrong. USF is a solid team and come on KAB, if you can't see USF's athleticism you are blind.
  (#32) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-16-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmoephobic View Post
Jesus Christ, you're both wrong. USF is a solid team and come on KAB, if you can't see USF's athleticism you are blind.
No, no I agree with you. I still maintain we should have zoned more -- with how tired and unathletic we are. That's all. I really like the Collins kid.
  (#33) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-16-2012, 07:45 PM

USF has to be a maddening team to watch. They play great defense and they go from HORRIBLE on Offense to WORLD BEATERS. Seriously - Temple is not "bad".
  (#34) Old
Real Bear

03-16-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden One View Post
Watching Temple handle South Florida in the first half, after the way the Bulls manhandled us, shows you just how far we have to go to be truly competitive in a NCAA tournament game. Hell, we may get to a Rose Bowl before we can win a game in the Big Dance!
  (#35) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-16-2012, 08:04 PM

It is clear that their length and physicality get into teams heads. Temple missing point blank chippies because they seem to be anticipating the contact. I think to beat them you should IMMEDIATELY trap their point guard when he gets it at the end of the possession. You can't let him drive.
  (#36) Old
Real Bear

03-16-2012, 08:12 PM

I guess usf might be good!
  (#37) Old
Real Bear

03-16-2012, 08:16 PM

USF shot about 10% in the first half and might win by double digits. This team is something else. Looks like we just ran into the buzzsaw.
  (#38) Old
no bear

03-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalBear23 View Post
I guess usf might be good!
We'll see how they do versus UNC in the Sweet 16.

Incidentally, USF is a lot like FSU who swept UNC.
  (#39) Old
New Bear

03-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
Where is @mamabull? She was getting a little bull headed thinking that USF was God's gift to the NCAA after our game. I kept trying to tell her that we made her team look much better than it was.
You were saying?

Perhaps, you should have waited until the end of the game to gloat.

USF 58 Temple 44.

You did better than Temple.

They did beat Duke and Wichita State and normally score 76 ppg. The fewest they had gotten all year was 64. So, as usual we kept them at least 20 points below their average.

I never claimed that we play pretty. In fact we play pretty ugly, but it is effective.

Did you bet the house on them?

I hope not, but I tried to warn you.

Last edited by MamaBull; 03-16-2012 at 09:16 PM.
  (#40) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-16-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBull View Post
You were saying?

USF 58 Temple 44.

You did better than Temple

Nah we didn't do better than Temple. Temple was in it for the most of the game. We were done in 5 minutes. No, I actually had USF going past Temple. My point was just that we made USF look way better than it was. And like your other poster said, USF does have those long stretches where it cannot score. Against Temple it was 15 minutes, and USF shot 10% from the field in the 1st half. Still, I'm a believer now and I definitely think they will get past Ohio. If they do, that is going to be a great game v. UNC. USF is a unique, fascinating and bizarre team - super athletic, super physical, slows it down but also has the capability of some runs (but also can't buy a bucket for a long time). I like your team. I've always liked Stan Heath since his days at Kent St. using an NFL TE to get him to the Big Dance, LOL. I also really like Collins. Dude is so mature for a frosh. Anyway, good luck to you MamaBull and do check in after your next game. I think we're all still amazed by your cheerleaders. They don't look like college kids. Yikes.
  (#41) Old
New Bear

03-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks KoreAmBear.

The only Temple poster who showed up on our board in the past few days started a thread when they were leading, to brag about how we were no match for them and that they will own us in both BB and FB when they rejoin the Big East. Of course, he never returned after the game.

Cal fans, have ALL been great both before and after our games with them.

BTW, we are trying to put together a four school round robin tourney for next year to open up our completely renovated Sun Dome. In case YOUR school wants to participate in that, they should let our AD know.

You played there in 2001.

Here is an article about that from today.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/...-dome#comments

Good luck and hope to see you soon.
  (#42) Old
Golden Bear

03-17-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
You played there in 2001.
Yes we know. Cal and USF split the home & home series.
  (#43) Old
Loyal Bear

03-17-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
You were saying?

USF 58 Temple 44.

You did better than Temple.

They did beat Duke and Wichita State and normally score 76 ppg. The fewest they had gotten all year was 64. So, as usual we kept them at least 20 points below their average.

I never claimed that we play pretty. In fact we play pretty ugly, but it is effective.

There are many posters on this board who, for whatever reason, think there's only 10 minutes in a college basketball game as these types of, "see!! This proves my point!!" posts 10 minutes into a game are all too common around here.
  (#44) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-17-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmoephobic View Post
There are many posters on this board who, for whatever reason, think there's only 10 minutes in a college basketball game as these types of, "see!! This proves my point!!" posts 10 minutes into a game are all too common around here.
Hmm...I saw one of the most divergent two halves of basketball I have ever seen. A team that shoots 9% (wrap you head around that) looks bad. It wasn't 10 minutes it was 20 and it was HORRID.
  (#45) Old
Loyal Bear

03-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
Hmm...I saw one of the most divergent two halves of basketball I have ever seen. A team that shoots 9% (wrap you head around that) looks bad. It wasn't 10 minutes it was 20 and it was HORRID.
USF won the last 10 minutes of the first half and improved their FG% from 9.5% to 20% going into halftime. The point is, don't run your mouth until after the game is over. While USF played awful initially, a lot of that had to do with Temple, who came into the game as one of the best defensive teams in the tournament. Some of that has to do with the fact that 18, 19, and 20 year old kids struggle to do anything in life consistently.

By the way, how are you liking your new life as a negabear

Last edited by Holmoephobic; 03-17-2012 at 08:21 AM.