Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page willie lyes 2.0? ....Baron Flenory
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

willie lyes 2.0? ....Baron Flenory - 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM

the ducks may have another issue on the horizion

anybody every heard of this guy ... he had ties with the black mamaba ... wonder if he was the factor in the late switch from sc to ou
  (#2) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-01-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4roses View Post
the ducks may have another issue on the horizion

anybody every heard of this guy ... he had ties with the black mamaba ... wonder if he was the factor in the late switch from sc to ou
Bring it NCAA.
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

Seastrunk and mamba signings - 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM

seemed pretty suspect at the time, now we are about to find out why

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...ootball_d.html

(#4) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-02-2012, 12:45 AM

Keeping It Real With "Honest" Chip Kelly, a new reality show on the P-12 Network. This week Chip hangs out with Arik Armstead and tries to tell him that there's no guarantee that he will be at Oregon forever, especially if this NCAA investigation heats up.

(#5) Old
Real Bear

03-02-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
Keeping It Real With "Honest" Chip Kelly, a new reality show on the P-12 Network. This week Chip hangs out with Arik Armstead and tries to tell him that there's no guarantee that he will be at Oregon forever, especially if this NCAA investigation heats up.

lol

Posts like these by KAB and GB54 (that his name?) make this place what it is. This board keeps just about every subject light, while still putting thought into each.

Last edited by chazzed; 03-02-2012 at 04:13 AM.
  (#6) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

03-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzed View Post
lol

Posts like these by KAB and GB54 (that his name?) make this place what it is. This board keeps just about every subject light, while still putting thought into each.
Thanks. Shouldn't get too serious about a college game. Although I have to remind myself...
  (#7) Old
Real Bear

03-02-2012, 11:40 AM

We've discussed all of this.

Flenory included. (There's nothing "2.0" about this.)

He is named alongside CSS (Fishbein) & Lyles in the draft documents Oregon released last Friday.

He played for Chip Kelly at New Hampshire, and is a huge outspoken fan of CK that happens to make his living organizing non-scholastic 7 on 7 events for HS kids.

And he was not in any serious way linked to De'Anthony Thomas - the kid simply attended Flenory organized events, like many of the other prospects coast to coast.
  (#8) Old
no bear

03-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Don't pay any attention to going4roses. He either rides the short bus or is a troll. Or both.
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

03-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellottiBold View Post
We've discussed all of this.

Flenory included. (There's nothing "2.0" about this.)

He is named alongside CSS (Fishbein) & Lyles in the draft documents Oregon released last Friday.

He played for Chip Kelly at New Hampshire, and is a huge outspoken fan of CK that happens to make his living organizing non-scholastic 7 on 7 events for HS kids.

And he was not in any serious way linked to De'Anthony Thomas - the kid simply attended Flenory organized events, like many of the other prospects coast to coast.
BB: curious what you (and other duck fans - to the extent that you have a finger on the "pulse" of other duck fans) make of all this. Initially when all this stuff came out last year the initial reaction was that Oregon hadn't done anything wrong, this was just Texas stirring stuff up, etc - basically, denying that any rules were broken (to be fair: that would be the initial reaction of ANY fanbase when stories first start coming out).

Then, it seemed like at least some Oregon fans were willing to admit that maybe something was wrong, but at worst it was just a grey area that needed to be clarified.

This seems a bit more than that - i.e. having more than 7 coaches recruiting, failing to monitor the recruiting activities - more than just a confusing grey area, at least to my eyes.

Now, just because Oregon and the NCAA have agreed that there were violations, I don't think this necessarily means that the punishment will be light. I could see real punishment here (i.e. loss of a some scholarships, probation) - punishment which would indicate that indeed there were violations, and it wasn't just a grey area that Oregon is "helping" the NCAA clarify and clean up.
  (#10) Old
Real Bear

03-02-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm not going to claim to have the pulse of the fanbase, or speak on the behalf of other Duck fans...

The "too many coaches" bit was interesting, because we hadn't heard anything about that at any point previously. But honestly my first reaction to that news was that it was a positive, because that's a violation on the part of paid UO athletic staff, rather than a third party like Lyles.

My opinions on the whole thing remain unchanged. I think the "grey area" argument still holds water, and I don't see any crippling sanctions coming out of this.
  (#11) Old
Active Bear

03-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellottiBold View Post
I'm not going to claim to have the pulse of the fanbase, or speak on the behalf of other Duck fans...

The "too many coaches" bit was interesting, because we hadn't heard anything about that at any point previously. But honestly my first reaction to that news was that it was a positive, because that's a violation on the part of paid UO athletic staff, rather than a third party like Lyles.

My opinions on the whole thing remain unchanged. I think the "grey area" argument still holds water, and I don't see any crippling sanctions coming out of this.
Are you using your brain or your heart in developing this opinion?
  (#12) Old
Real Bear

sac of dung - 03-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacCityBear View Post
Don't pay any attention to going4roses. He either rides the short bus or is a troll. Or both.
your wrong and wrong again sorry did you think anyone cares what you think ? NOPE
  (#13) Old
Real Bear

03-05-2012, 07:44 AM

BB: so tell me your honest, rational explanation for the $25K paid to Lyles. It's clear it wasn't for recruiting information. So, what else was Lyles paid for?

Lyles said it was for access to recruits - this is the obvious (and "outside of a court of law", correct) answer. Everyone knows it - including deep down in even the biggest Duck homer. So how is that not a serious violation? I'm not saying the NCAA will rule that it was - but any person with an ounce of common sense knows that is what Oregon paid Lyles for - or, worse, it was a direct payment for Seastrunk (though harder to prove, but highly likely).