Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page 0 good wins 7 bad losses
Notices

(#1) Old
Loyal Bear

Basketball 0 good wins 7 bad losses - 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Might be better to go to the NIT and possibly get more than 1 game
  (#2) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

02-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
Might be better to go to the NIT and possibly get more than 1 game
Disagree completely. Our "seven bad losses" are only bad losses if you think this is a top 10 team. It isn't. Nice top 30-40 team. I also think that this is not a "young" team that needs games. We are going to be retooling and rethinking next year so I would like to see Harper and Jorge have a nice chance at the tournie. They are, however, likely to get a match up against a 1 or a 2 in the second game ;-(
  (#3) Old
Golden Bear

As usual - 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Idiots are idiots.

Technically, we have NO bad losses (conference road losses aren't "bad," and losing to Arizona is hardly a "bad" loss; unless you think losing to Missouri on the road is a "bad" loss). It was a disappointing loss, but Colorado is 17-2 at home, and it is at altitude.

You are either a troll who just likes to provoke, or you are a truly unintelligent person.
  (#4) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 03:39 PM

any conference loss when the conference is as bad as the pac12 is this year is a bad loss. take away the missouri loss, 6 bad losses, we still have no significant wins.
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 03:40 PM

Lot of idiotic posts happening right now..I'll come back later.
  (#6) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 03:50 PM

"They are, however, likely to get a match up against a 1 or a 2 in the second game."

Before we start worrying about a hypothetical opponent in the second round of the NCAA tournament, let's first worry about getting into the tournament and second, winning our first round game. Neither of these is a given at this point. If we lose at Stanfurd we may not get into the tournament.
  (#7) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 03:57 PM

Come back when you are not a caricature of a post-loss poster.

I consider winning at Seattle a quality win. We have no bad losses except at OSU/WSU and they aren't horrible since road games.

Obviously, that was a pretty poor performance today, and we're by no means a great team, but I don't understand why we have to go through this every time we lose a game. We won 6 in a row, as I recall, previously.
  (#8) Old
Real Bear

take a few moments to reflect - 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM

on what you are going to post, Diva or CHF, or anyone else. Posting after a tough loss is never a good idea, but if after an hour or so, you still feel that way, put it up on the board
  (#9) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Calm down. Losing at CU isn't the end of the world. As bad as the PAC is this year, there's still a chance the conference gets 4 teams in.
  (#10) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 06:14 PM

The minute I saw Furd beat Colorado the other night I knew we'd be in trouble since they would be pi---d. We still have a chance at the #1 seed plus a week off to regroup.
  (#11) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

02-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
any conference loss when the conference is as bad as the pac12 is this year is a bad loss. take away the missouri loss, 6 bad losses, we still have no significant wins.
i saw a graphic the other day that the 5 pac-12 teams with a chance at making the ncaa tourney field are I think a combined 1-18 against top-50 teams (and i think that 1 was arizona's narrow win over cal)
  (#12) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 08:52 PM

Jeez, calm down with the negativity. If Cal beats the Furd, we will have gone 14-4 in league, 24-7 overall, been close in almost every game we lost, and have shown resiliency with great coaching. This could knock us down to a #10 seed, which is better than the dreaded 8 or 9. I love this team for how they have played this year, considering the lack of depth...
  (#13) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 09:04 PM

the silver lining to this loss is that we're no longer going to be a 8/9 seed but perhaps a 10-13 seed instead. yeah!
  (#14) Old
Active Bear

02-26-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorursa View Post
Jeez, calm down with the negativity. If Cal beats the Furd, we will have gone 14-4 in league, 24-7 overall, been close in almost every game we lost, and have shown resiliency with great coaching. This could knock us down to a #10 seed, which is better than the dreaded 8 or 9. I love this team for how they have played this year, considering the lack of depth...
I can't believe people are still talking about us as if seeding will matter after watching how we've performed against any decent competition and our conference losses. It doesn't matter whether we have to play a high seed in the second game or not because it would be a miracle if we survived the first game and any seed under 9 makes it even that much more unlikely that we would survive the first game. We're not deep, we struggle against good front lines, athletic teams, teams with quick guards, and teams that play tight aggressive defense. We'd really have to get a perfect matchup just to survive our first round game because there are so many different types of good teams that give us fits.

If we get any seed at all in the tournament, be grateful and don't whine.
  (#15) Old
Real Bear

To be honest - 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBeast View Post
I can't believe people are still talking about us as if seeding will matter after watching how we've performed against any decent competition and our conference losses. It doesn't matter whether we have to play a high seed in the second game or not because it would be a miracle if we survived the first game and any seed under 9 makes it even that much more unlikely that we would survive the first game. We're not deep, we struggle against good front lines, athletic teams, teams with quick guards, and teams that play tight aggressive defense. We'd really have to get a perfect matchup just to survive our first round game because there are so many different types of good teams that give us fits.

If we get any seed at all in the tournament, be grateful and don't whine.

This Colorado loss put us back on the bubble. Winning at Stanford becomes imperative! People are talking about seeding when we may not even make it in!