Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Ted Miller picks Cal 4th in the P12 North
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

Ted Miller picks Cal 4th in the P12 North - 02-25-2012, 07:30 AM

Miller puts us behind Oregon, Stanford and UW. And he thinks Nottingham will be more successful than Kline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...2-chat-wrap-14
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

02-25-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenplay View Post
Miller puts us behind Oregon, Stanford and UW. And he thinks Nottingham will be more successful than Kline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_...2-chat-wrap-14
Context is everything. He has no idea who will be better because, "he's never seen either one play".

Here is the full quote,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted
I can't predict because I've never seen either play. This might surprise you, but I try not to take a position when I have no idea what I am talking about. I'm wrong all the time, but at least I'm trying to make educated guesses. I hear good things about both these guys. I'd only give a slight edge to Nottingham because I think he's going to have a better supporting cast in the short term, particularly his O-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkoksi
I doubt either (Lupoi and Gould) will end up with a head coaching job in the future. that isn't to say they suck. they are excellent assistants, but aren't the offense or defensive minds to take us to pac-12 titles.
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 07:39 AM

Yes, but was that BEFORE they changed the kickoff back to the 35? Just think if the other teams starts drives on the 20 (or INSIDE THE 20!!!!!). And that's probably BEFORE furd hired Alamar? That's got to move us up to 3rd, right?
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 09:26 AM

Based on last year it's hard to argue otherwise. Stanford and Oregon proved last year that they were the class of the conference and we lost to UW. Yes. Stanford lost a TON of talent, but until we see a drop off on the field...ditto Oregon and we lost to UW. But it's all speculation til we hit the field in the fall.
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 09:39 AM

thats hardly fair... Nottingham is two years older.
  (#6) Old
Golden Bear

he needs to look at schedules - 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM

really off the top of his head stuff, especially once he gets beyond the top teams (who are obvious).
  (#7) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 10:36 AM

And why is this guy a so called expert? I've watched a couple of his expert web chats,all I can say is I hope he has other ways of making a living.
  (#8) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Sounds right to me, although we could finish top 2 if things break right.
  (#9) Old
Loyal Bear

02-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot View Post
And why is this guy a so called expert? I've watched a couple of his expert web chats,all I can say is I hope he has other ways of making a living.
Yes I too am shocked -- SHOCKED -- that sportswriters are not good at predicting results.
  (#10) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpod View Post
Based on last year it's hard to argue otherwise. Stanford and Oregon proved last year that they were the class of the conference and we lost to UW. Yes. Stanford lost a TON of talent, but until we see a drop off on the field...ditto Oregon and we lost to UW. But it's all speculation til we hit the field in the fall.
Go away, Moonpod.

; )
  (#11) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobodeluxe View Post
Go away, Moonpod.

; )
Bwahahah. Sunshine pumping: Stanford really suffers from a post luck hangover. Bennett doesn't run the quack attack all that well or finally someone gets some good hits on a quack back. And Washingtons defense continues to suck. Then it's wide open.....We discover two quality OTs. Galas figures out how to snap the ball. Bridgeford takes the opportunity of the first four games and never looks back. Bigelow makes us forget about Jhavid and the D lives up to its potential
  (#12) Old
Active Bear

02-25-2012, 02:07 PM

Wow, that's really insightful. He took the same order as the final standings of last year.

Despite all of the claims of UDumb of being vastly superior to us because they have won 3 in a row, I don't buy it. 2 of the 3 were in Washington and 2 out of the 3 came down to the last play of the game and we have had poor QB play (read awful with Mansion at home in 2010).

We have them at home at the New Memorial stadium this year. Their defense stinks and they won't have Polk or Kearse. Price will obviously present a challenge, but I like our odds. They are on the upswing the same way we have heard UCLA is on the upswing the past 4 years....
  (#13) Old
Real Bear

Now you're talkin'. - 02-25-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpod View Post
Bwahahah. Sunshine pumping: Stanford really suffers from a post luck hangover. Bennett doesn't run the quack attack all that well or finally someone gets some good hits on a quack back. And Washingtons defense continues to suck. Then it's wide open.....We discover two quality OTs. Galas figures out how to snap the ball. Bridgeford takes the opportunity of the first four games and never looks back. Bigelow makes us forget about Jhavid and the D lives up to its potential
:ted ford
  (#14) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 03:34 PM

We won't lose to Washington
  (#15) Old
Real Bear

02-25-2012, 03:54 PM

Good....I want the players focused on football and not polls...and play with a chip on their shoulders...I want more freaking passion...crazy batshit passion...