Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page I've wanted JT gone for years, BUT
Notices

(#16) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
So he played hard ball with Tosh and Tosh took him at his word
Come on, DO. It wasn't hard ball. Tosh went to him with Washington's first offer. We all know that getting Cal to match that wouldn't be easy, and Tedford didn't want to use up his political goodwill if it was going to be a bidding war since Cal wouldn't win a bidding war. You know as well as I do that Cal wouldn't match just any salary. He got Tosh's word that if Cal matches, it's a done deal. Tedford went to the mat for him, got him the matching offer, and, believing that Tosh would be true to his word, even sent Tosh to recruit. If you think that was hardball, you've lost some credibility with me. This is on Tosh.
  (#17) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid1 View Post
Sark didn't offer just him a coaching job. That wasn't the whole deal. The deal was, we give you a boatload of money to coach, recruit, AND to screw Cal two weeks before signing day. That money wasn't just to coach and recruit.
+1. In my mind, Sark paid for Tosh's recruits. I hope he doesn't get what he paid for and I hope Sark fires Tosh after next recruiting season because all the recruits next year know Tosh's word is mud, he's a slimeball, and he could very well bolt to U$C two weeks before they're supposed to commit.

No recruit should ever trust To$h Lupoi ever again. He is a liar and he will ruin your future.
  (#18) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Thanks for sharing this. Its hard to believe how Cal's success in recruiting, and the overall positive momentum, was disassembled by UW overnight. No doubt To$h sold out, but there is a degree of incompetence (or inability) exhibited by people at the top.
  (#19) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 04:49 PM

If I was Sark I would be keeping real close tabs on Midnight Tosh.
  (#20) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

01-17-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear93 View Post
Tedford went to the mat for him, got him the matching offer, and, believing that Tosh would be true to his word, even sent Tosh to recruit. If you think that was hardball, you've lost some credibility with me. This is on Tosh.
And nobody wants to give an employee an offer letter just to boost their salary elsewhere. If Tosh did indeed agree to Tedford's terms, he would have done so with the understanding that he might leave a bunch of money on the table from UW, and accepting it.
  (#21) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 04:58 PM

I'm getting the feeling Jeff Tedford is in the wrong sport. He'd have been a great NFL OC if he'd just kept on moving up. College football is a den of liars, murderers and thieves.
  (#22) Old
New Bear

To$h.NO - 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Thanks so much, this puts all the pieces of the puzzle together from what I've heard.

I feel awful for all the current Cal DLine athletes for whom he was their mentor and family member at CAL who always emphasized loyalty and dedication to CAL. They didn't get a phone call, text, meeting etc. that he was leaving. They found out through twitter. The only people To$h was calling were Cal commits he was trying to swing to UW. Despicable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarsuel View Post
he is being treated unfairly here. I'm one of the Negas, have been for sometime so do NOT confuse this with S Pumping. I have been on the phone with my sources quite a bit today (they are well connected and have yet to lead me astray) and TOSH is to blame for this, not JT. I'm not sure how much I can say, but I'll give what I can. Here is the story/timeline as I have heard:

Tosh was offered a job at Wash and he came to JT with the "my heart is here speech". JT went and fought for Tosh to get the offer matched. JT and Tosh have a meeting where JT tells Tosh how much he wants to keep him, how he is an integral part of what they are doing, etc. He says that he went and got the offer matched and that he wanted him to stay, but that he won't/can't get into a bidding war for Tosh and that he (JT) needs his (Tosh's) word that this is done and that he (Tosh) isn't going anywhere. Tosh assures JT this is over. Tosh breaks his word, continues talking to UW and gets another offer which he doesn't present to JT, as he has already been told and committed to no bidding war.

JT didn't find out Tosh was gone (by voicemail) until he got off the plane for a recruiting trip Tosh was supposed to meet JT on. They were supposed to meet yesterday to recruit and Tosh didn't show.

Combine that with the fact that Tosh is breaking the unwritten coaches code of only recruiting for one school and he is dead to me and I suspect Cal and JT as well. If you are recruiting and switch schools, you stop recruiting those guys... pass them off to another on staff.

Truly despicable. In my estimation, JT has committed a multitude of sins, but this fiasco isn't on him. No one looks rosy in this, but this is Tosh's doing.

Hopefully this gives a picture of what went down without burning my sources. I don't want to talk about numbers, but if there are any questions, I'll do my best.
  (#23) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Tosh has burnt his bridge here n with recruits. I understand the money/boat thing but I don't think sarkisian/washington are a stable situation. They are under more pressure than jt and if things go awry it will be a big resume stain for tosh. He better learn to coach quick because xboxing recruits will get harder.
  (#24) Old
Loyal Bear

01-17-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkoski View Post
So he played hard ball with Tosh and Tosh took him at his word
Come on DO, I know you hate JT but get real.

To$h didn't come to the table saying 'I want the most money, match it or I'm gone.' He came with the 'my heart is here' speech, which is universally understood to mean that a person will stay if their employer matches the offer. JT told him how much he meant then went to bat for him to DOUBLE his salary (not an insignificant bump in compensation ever, much less one year after getting a 25% increase). JT told him he couldn't go to the well again and To$h gave his word that he would not go back to UW to start a bidding war...then he did just that. Then he doesn't show for the recruiting trip, leaving JT in a lurch; then he leaves a voice message; this after he told Shaq the night before that he was thinking about leaving, etc.

If this accounting is accurate - and I know Aaron enough to trust that his sources are exceedingly solid - then To$h's actions are scum. He so easily could have come to JT and said he wanted the payday, was going to take UW's offer but would leave after LOI or leave before LOI but not continue to recruit the same kids. And speaking of that, there's a code here that To$h violated - JT and Cal released him to speak with UW when they didn't have to. The quid pro quo for being granted an opportunity to make more money and leave is that you do it with class. To$h fundamentally violated that trust. **** him.

Put your hatred aside for a moment and recognize this for what it is - To$h ass raped us, no condom, no beer, no goodbye.

Order of anger:
1. To$h
2. Sark
3. Sandy / Administration (not having the ability/willingness to pay what it takes to keep top talent)

That's it. JT doesn't make the list.

Last edited by tequila4kapp; 01-17-2012 at 05:17 PM.
  (#25) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 05:11 PM

Tosh is a complete scumbag and traitor. Its one thing to leave and take the payday... That's forgiveable.

The fact that he went to JT, got his offer matched, gave his WORD that the issue was done, and then pulled the **** he has in the last 48 hours in beyond disgusting.

Tosh is a big dude, and he'd surely kick my ass, but if I saw him in person right now I'd probably spit in his face. Such a hyprocritical, lying POS if this is all true.
  (#26) Old
Loyal Bear

01-17-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila4kapp View Post
Tosh ass raped us, no condom, no beer, no goodbye.
Didn't even have the decency to spit on his hand first.
  (#27) Old
Real Bear

I really hope Ted Miller or Wilner pick up this story and run with it. This is Todd Graham 2.0. He should be outed as To$h Lupaid and not be allowed to skate thru feb. 1st recruiting against Cal without the spotlight on him.
  (#28) Old
Loyal Bear

Thanks for the insight. This just proves that Lupoi is a first-class, despicable, unethical scumbag. He is unworthy to be a Cal alum. I hope his new boat sinks with him in it and that his new house floods up to the rafters.
  (#29) Old
Real Bear

01-17-2012, 05:21 PM

Someone send this to Ted Miller. Tosh needs to get exposed.
  (#30) Old
Loyal Bear

01-17-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilleniaBear View Post
Tosh has burnt his bridge here n with recruits. I understand the money/boat thing but I don't think sarkisian/washington are a stable situation. They are under more pressure than jt and if things go awry it will be a big resume stain for tosh. He better learn to coach quick because xboxing recruits will get harder.
How can any recruit believe him anymore. It's like going out with a girl who cheated on her spouse. What do you think she is going to do to you???? Douchebag Tosh