Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Arik Armstead
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#16) Old
Irishja Irishja is offline
New Bear
 
Posts: 25
Join Date: Jan 2012
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
I think ND has the inside track on Yuri....Cal is just making a late push. From every source I've seen, Arik is coming to Cal...even some of the USC mods have said the same...he'll make his decision before Friday I hear so we'll know soon...welcome to Bear Insider too
Thanks and I agree. did you guys make anything out of Arik not announcing at the all-star game? It just seemed like with Shaq and Payton announcing (and there was someone else, wasn't there?), it would have been a perfect time for Arik to announce too.
Reply With Quote
  (#17) Old
Wookids Wookids is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,852
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM

The brothers want to play together, and they want to go to Cal. Recently got the word older brother won't be able to enter Cal and play as a grad student.

So it will come down to will Arik follow to his brother's ultimate destination for one year, or stick with Cal. I still like our chances (with family about an hour away & strong connection with our coaching staff), but don't know how strong their desire is to play together.

Cal's been pretty good recruiting, but handicapped with amongst the worst Div I facilitles, but now this year, finally with new facilities, our facilities are a plus.
Reply With Quote
  (#18) Old
jamonit jamonit is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,640
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishja View Post
Thanks and I agree. did you guys make anything out of Arik not announcing at the all-star game? It just seemed like with Shaq and Payton announcing (and there was someone else, wasn't there?), it would have been a perfect time for Arik to announce too.
The family was waiting to hear about Armond in my opinion. Wants to visit Auburn this weekend where Armond can go. Think one year with Armond doesn't out weigh 3+ years with friends.
Reply With Quote
  (#19) Old
Cal_Fan2 Cal_Fan2 is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Cal_Fan2's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,582
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: East Bay, Ca...
01-10-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishja View Post
Thanks and I agree. did you guys make anything out of Arik not announcing at the all-star game? It just seemed like with Shaq and Payton announcing (and there was someone else, wasn't there?), it would have been a perfect time for Arik to announce too.
Arik was never going to announce at the Army game. He and his dad were on the fence whether to enroll early for awhile but our main guy here, Moraga Bear says he'll announce on or before Friday now and become and EE.
Reply With Quote
  (#20) Old
Davidson Davidson is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Davidson's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,867
Join Date: Oct 2008
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM

I figured he wanted to wait as long as possible to see what develops with his brother.
Reply With Quote
  (#21) Old
68great 68great is offline
Golden Bear
 
Posts: 5,124
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
I figured he wanted to wait as long as possible to see what develops with his brother.
I hope we avoid another one of those "brother" things unless both are 4* or higher.
Reply With Quote
  (#22) Old
Davidson Davidson is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Davidson's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,867
Join Date: Oct 2008
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM

^ which is the case here......................................
Reply With Quote
  (#23) Old
jamonit jamonit is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,640
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68great View Post
I hope we avoid another one of those "brother" things unless both are 4* or higher.
I like brother things...

Signed Syd'Quan Thompson
Reply With Quote
  (#24) Old
BoaltBear BoaltBear is offline
Real Bear
 
BoaltBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,556
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco
01-10-2012, 01:26 PM

I thought the idea was for AA to announce after the Army game to keep momentum going . . .
Reply With Quote
  (#25) Old
elpbear elpbear is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Posts: 4,778
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68great View Post
I hope we avoid another one of those "brother" things unless both are 4* or higher.
You dislike Maynard enough that you wish Keenan Allen wasn't on our team?

Reply With Quote
  (#26) Old
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA is offline
Loyal Bear
 
SurvivorOf1and10fkaLEA's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,486
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 01:34 PM

Arik and his family are very serious about his basketball career. This is not based on anything I've heard from Arik's camp, but just from my own perspective, I can't see why the Armstead family would want to fly all over the Big East for 3-4 years to watch Arik play basketball. Cal is 1-1.5 hours away from where they live.
Reply With Quote
  (#27) Old
TheSouseFamily TheSouseFamily is offline
Real Bear
 
TheSouseFamily's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,048
Join Date: Jul 2008
A request to our Irish friend... - 01-10-2012, 01:35 PM

First of all, I'm a big fan of your lovely country. I love the occasional Irish Car Bomb and I'm a huge fan of the band Gaelic Storm.

That said, we could really use your help. As you likely know, USC is populated by a large population of douchebags, particularly when it comes to their football team. Part of that douchiness comes from the fact that they seem to have the upper hand in their rivalry with you all because, for whatever reason, they think it's a national rivalry and that people around the country actually give a hoot. It would help us out a lot if you just won a few games every now and then. You're a good ways away in Indiana, but those of us in California have to live, work and play with these people. Oh sure, we could win a few games ourselves, don't get me wrong. But we all need to do our part.
Reply With Quote
  (#28) Old
march2397 march2397 is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 1,400
Join Date: Aug 2008
01-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Egbert, have you been drinking again?
Reply With Quote
  (#29) Old
edwinbear edwinbear is offline
Real Bear
 
edwinbear's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,645
Join Date: Jul 2008
01-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
First of all, I'm a big fan of your lovely country. I love the occasional Irish Car Bomb and I'm a huge fan of the band Gaelic Storm.

That said, we could really use your help. As you likely know, USC is populated by a large population of douchebags, particularly when it comes to their football team. Part of that douchiness comes from the fact that they seem to have the upper hand in their rivalry with you all because, for whatever reason, they think it's a national rivalry and that people around the country actually give a hoot. It would help us out a lot if you just won a few games every now and then. You're a good ways away in Indiana, but those of us in California have to live, work and play with these people. Oh sure, we could win a few games ourselves, don't get me wrong. But we all need to do our part.
Lol. Love this
Reply With Quote
  (#30) Old
davetdds davetdds is offline
Loyal Bear
 
davetdds's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,727
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alameda, CA
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpbear View Post
You dislike Maynard enough that you wish Keenan Allen wasn't on our team?

Let's just say ( tongue in cheek kinda ), a deal with the devil is just that
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger