Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Tedford Congratulating CJ...
Notices
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
Aggie Bear Aggie Bear is offline
Active Bear
 
Posts: 430
Join Date: Sep 2011
Tedford Congratulating CJ... - 11-26-2011, 02:20 PM

I found it hopeful to see Tedford congratulating CJ after one of his TDs. I think Tedford gives the perception at times of not connecting well with his players. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I enjoyed seeing Tedford somewhat relaxed and seemingly genuinely happy for and emotionally connected to one of his players. I'm sure recruits appreciate that as well.
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
matteye matteye is offline
Real Bear
 
matteye's Avatar
 
Posts: 739
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego
11-26-2011, 02:56 PM

He also kissed Isi on the head after the game. Thought that was pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
SchadenBear SchadenBear is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 2,721
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Trapped in a glass case of emotion
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

This was likely JT's most stressful season in his career at Cal. I'm sure he is relieved that the regular part is coming to an end.
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
GranadaHillsBear GranadaHillsBear is offline
True Blue Golden Bear
 
Posts: 7,863
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
11-26-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteye View Post
He also kissed Isi on the head after the game. Thought that was pretty cool.
Well Tedford didn't have to lean down very far to kiss him on the head.
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
72CalBear 72CalBear is offline
Loyal Bear
 
72CalBear's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,167
Join Date: Jul 2008
11-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteye View Post
He also kissed Isi on the head after the game. Thought that was pretty cool.
Over the years, I have seen Coach Tedford give genuine affection to many players - one of the nicest was another head kiss he gave to Geoff MacArthur after the Bears beat Stanford..the man is for real and deeply cares for his players..
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
pappysghost pappysghost is offline
Golden Bear
 
Posts: 6,533
Join Date: Jul 2008
11-26-2011, 03:22 PM

I think the Longshore Riley melt down season was probably worse.
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
SchadenBear SchadenBear is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 2,721
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Trapped in a glass case of emotion
11-26-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm thinking that the temporary facilities, playing at ATT, and the over-all change in routine made life much more difficult for the Cal coaches than anything a standard season could throw at them.
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
CaliforniaGoldenBear CaliforniaGoldenBear is offline
Real Bear
 
Posts: 732
Join Date: Jul 2008
11-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
Over the years, I have seen Coach Tedford give genuine affection to many players - one of the nicest was another head kiss he gave to Geoff MacArthur after the Bears beat Stanford..the man is for real and deeply cares for his players..
That MacArthur kiss photo was a classic summary of the team - I kept it around for years.

I am amazed that some posters can spew so long that they begin to believe their own jibberish. Where would anyone get the idea that Tedford doesn't care deeply for his players?

His respect for the young men on his team even extends to respect for opposing players, as demonstrated my Tedford's aversion to running up the score. He realizes that 80-90% of a college team plays purely for the fun of it, knocking themself out in practice. Many of these hardworking young men will never even see the game field, yet there they are day after day, working their asses off. What's not to love?
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
vmfa531 vmfa531 is offline
Real Bear
 
vmfa531's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,130
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Beautiful downtown DaNang
11-26-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post
I'm thinking that the temporary facilities, playing at ATT, and the over-all change in routine made life much more difficult for the Cal coaches than anything a standard season could throw at them.
I will agree with you. Playing at AT&T wasn't much of a help during this season. Next year let's give em HELL!
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Fyght4Cal Fyght4Cal is offline
Loyal Bear
 
Fyght4Cal's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,888
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Santa Monica, CA
11-26-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
Over the years, I have seen Coach Tedford give genuine affection to many players - one of the nicest was another head kiss he gave to Geoff MacArthur after the Bears beat Stanford..the man is for real and deeply cares for his players..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGoldenBear View Post
That MacArthur kiss photo was a classic summary of the team - I kept it around for years.

I am amazed that some posters can spew so long that they begin to believe their own jibberish. Where would anyone get the idea that Tedford doesn't care deeply for his players?

His respect for the young men on his team even extends to respect for opposing players, as demonstrated my Tedford's aversion to running up the score. He realizes that 80-90% of a college team plays purely for the fun of it, knocking themself out in practice. Many of these hardworking young men will never even see the game field, yet there they are day after day, working their asses off. What's not to love?
+1 and 1. JT loves his boys. And real Cal fans love them all. I know I do. Forget them, negas.
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
grandmastapoop grandmastapoop is online now
Golden Bear
 
Posts: 7,228
Join Date: Jul 2008
11-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Bear View Post
I found it hopeful to see Tedford congratulating CJ after one of his TDs. I think Tedford gives the perception at times of not connecting well with his players. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I enjoyed seeing Tedford somewhat relaxed and seemingly genuinely happy for and emotionally connected to one of his players. I'm sure recruits appreciate that as well.
Of all the things people think about Tedford, this is the weirdest (and also the first time I've heard it). By all accounts, the players love him and he does relate extremely well to them.
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
FingeroftheBear FingeroftheBear is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 3,168
Join Date: Feb 2011
11-26-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post
I'm thinking that the temporary facilities, playing at ATT, and the over-all change in routine made life much more difficult for the Cal coaches than anything a standard season could throw at them.
Agreed. I've been calling it a transition year because it is. ATT wasn't away but it certainly wasn't home either. UCLA hoops at the LA Sports Arena is going to experience the same thing but much harsher.
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
62bear 62bear is offline
Active Bear
 
62bear's Avatar
 
Posts: 454
Join Date: Sep 2008
11-26-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
Agreed. I've been calling it a transition year because it is. ATT wasn't away but it certainly wasn't home either. UCLA hoops at the LA Sports Arena is going to experience the same thing but much harsher.
wait a second, fucla is playing at the sports arena? the one on Figueroa right next to u$c?
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
FingeroftheBear FingeroftheBear is offline
no bear
 
Posts: 3,168
Join Date: Feb 2011
11-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62bear View Post
wait a second, fucla is playing at the sports arena? the one on Figueroa right next to u$c?
Yup that's the one near $C. It's a creepy run down place. UCLA's Pauley Pav is under renovations so they play mainly at the Sports Arena but also a few other venues.
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
sbmhsu sbmhsu is offline
Real Bear
 
sbmhsu's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,186
Join Date: Jul 2008
11-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62bear View Post
wait a second, fucla is playing at the sports arena? the one on Figueroa right next to u$c?
yep. Pauley being expanded/worked on

edit: damn, beat me to it ^
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Ad Management by RedTyger