Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Tedford Congratulating CJ...
Notices

(#1) Old
Active Bear

Tedford Congratulating CJ... - 11-26-2011, 02:20 PM

I found it hopeful to see Tedford congratulating CJ after one of his TDs. I think Tedford gives the perception at times of not connecting well with his players. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I enjoyed seeing Tedford somewhat relaxed and seemingly genuinely happy for and emotionally connected to one of his players. I'm sure recruits appreciate that as well.
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

11-26-2011, 02:56 PM

He also kissed Isi on the head after the game. Thought that was pretty cool.
  (#3) Old
no bear

11-26-2011, 03:13 PM

This was likely JT's most stressful season in his career at Cal. I'm sure he is relieved that the regular part is coming to an end.
  (#4) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

11-26-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteye View Post
Well Tedford didn't have to lean down very far to kiss him on the head.
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

11-26-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteye View Post
Over the years, I have seen Coach Tedford give genuine affection to many players - one of the nicest was another head kiss he gave to Geoff MacArthur after the Bears beat Stanford..the man is for real and deeply cares for his players..
  (#6) Old
Golden Bear

11-26-2011, 03:22 PM

I think the Longshore Riley melt down season was probably worse.
  (#7) Old
no bear

11-26-2011, 03:27 PM

I'm thinking that the temporary facilities, playing at ATT, and the over-all change in routine made life much more difficult for the Cal coaches than anything a standard season could throw at them.
  (#8) Old
Real Bear

11-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
Over the years, I have seen Coach Tedford give genuine affection to many players - one of the nicest was another head kiss he gave to Geoff MacArthur after the Bears beat Stanford..the man is for real and deeply cares for his players..
That MacArthur kiss photo was a classic summary of the team - I kept it around for years.

I am amazed that some posters can spew so long that they begin to believe their own jibberish. Where would anyone get the idea that Tedford doesn't care deeply for his players?

His respect for the young men on his team even extends to respect for opposing players, as demonstrated my Tedford's aversion to running up the score. He realizes that 80-90% of a college team plays purely for the fun of it, knocking themself out in practice. Many of these hardworking young men will never even see the game field, yet there they are day after day, working their asses off. What's not to love?
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

11-26-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post
I'm thinking that the temporary facilities, playing at ATT, and the over-all change in routine made life much more difficult for the Cal coaches than anything a standard season could throw at them.
I will agree with you. Playing at AT&T wasn't much of a help during this season. Next year let's give em HELL!
  (#10) Old
Loyal Bear

11-26-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72CalBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGoldenBear View Post
That MacArthur kiss photo was a classic summary of the team - I kept it around for years.

I am amazed that some posters can spew so long that they begin to believe their own jibberish. Where would anyone get the idea that Tedford doesn't care deeply for his players?

His respect for the young men on his team even extends to respect for opposing players, as demonstrated my Tedford's aversion to running up the score. He realizes that 80-90% of a college team plays purely for the fun of it, knocking themself out in practice. Many of these hardworking young men will never even see the game field, yet there they are day after day, working their asses off. What's not to love?
+1 and 1. JT loves his boys. And real Cal fans love them all. I know I do. Forget them, negas.
  (#11) Old
Golden Bear

11-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie Bear View Post
I found it hopeful to see Tedford congratulating CJ after one of his TDs. I think Tedford gives the perception at times of not connecting well with his players. I'm not sure if this is the case, but I enjoyed seeing Tedford somewhat relaxed and seemingly genuinely happy for and emotionally connected to one of his players. I'm sure recruits appreciate that as well.
Of all the things people think about Tedford, this is the weirdest (and also the first time I've heard it). By all accounts, the players love him and he does relate extremely well to them.
  (#12) Old
no bear

11-26-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchadenBear View Post
Agreed. I've been calling it a transition year because it is. ATT wasn't away but it certainly wasn't home either. UCLA hoops at the LA Sports Arena is going to experience the same thing but much harsher.
  (#13) Old
Active Bear

11-26-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingeroftheBear View Post
Agreed. I've been calling it a transition year because it is. ATT wasn't away but it certainly wasn't home either. UCLA hoops at the LA Sports Arena is going to experience the same thing but much harsher.
wait a second, fucla is playing at the sports arena? the one on Figueroa right next to u$c?
  (#14) Old
no bear

11-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62bear View Post
wait a second, fucla is playing at the sports arena? the one on Figueroa right next to u$c?
Yup that's the one near $C. It's a creepy run down place. UCLA's Pauley Pav is under renovations so they play mainly at the Sports Arena but also a few other venues.
  (#15) Old
Real Bear

11-26-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62bear View Post
yep. Pauley being expanded/worked on

edit: damn, beat me to it ^