Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Aaron Gordon & Family are not reconsidering Washington PimpU
Notices

(#1) Old
no bear

Aaron Gordon & Family are not reconsidering Washington PimpU - 06-24-2011, 11:36 AM

With the news of Washington BB producing Pimp's... Aaron Gordon and family are taking a step back.

Washington is not a place the NBA will be encouraging.
As evident in last night NBA draft, NBA does not a school which fosters Pimping.

Would you want your son to be in Romar's program? Hell NO!
If a dumb player can "fool" him, others are as well.
What if he knew about it but, went after winning at all cost.

Romar has created PimpU----
They have already done recruiting violations per SI article.
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

06-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Your logic seems to improve in concert with your English. The first half of this post is a challenge to even read, even if I ignore "Pimp's" which should neither be capitalized nor pluralized with an apostrophe (nothing is ever pluralized that way).

The whole argument about the NBA encouraging high school athletes to make certain college selections and NBA teams drafting players based on the behavior of their teammates/coaches is ridiculous.

The latter part of this post is probably based in reality although there are much dirtier schools and the top players in the country seek out those schools without reservation. Maybe UW will join the ranks of the old UNLV, Cincinnati and Kentucky and get the best talent in the nation based on pure performance and lack of ethics! It may cost them Aaron Gordon, but there are others that don't care at all or even see their issues as positive.

go bears

(#3) Old
Golden Bear

06-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Hey TheRise, can you save these types of posts for your AZ home board? I wouldn't want Aaron Gordon or his family thinking Cal fans would presume to know their personal thought processes.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

06-25-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRise View Post
With the news of Washington BB producing Pimp's... Aaron Gordon and family are taking a step back.

Washington is not a place the NBA will be encouraging.
As evident in last night NBA draft, NBA does not a school which fosters Pimping.

Would you want your son to be in Romar's program? Hell NO!
If a dumb player can "fool" him, others are as well.
What if he knew about it but, went after winning at all cost.

Romar has created PimpU----
They have already done recruiting violations per SI article.
You can leave now! Oh yeah, take your racist drivel with you.

(#5) Old
Loyal Bear

Give it a rest Rise. - 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM

Just go away.
  (#6) Old
no bear

06-27-2011, 04:50 PM

The Gordon's next big decision will be....

Will Aaron go to Findlay Prep?

Due to the Bay negative reaction to Brandon Ashley decision, it is more likely that Aaron goes to Findlay provided Findlay win the HS national championship, again.

Note-
The big question for DAD... he said that he did not know about the PIMPING.
wow.. unbelievable that he would not know.
A number of players knew about Overton's Pimp traits.
And yes, Overton was Pimping while at Washington?
The NBA refuse to take any Washington PimpU players. The last pick is a clear message to Romar.
  (#7) Old
Real Bear

06-27-2011, 06:14 PM

This was post was great fun.

So Gordon is thinking of going to Findlay to get back at the whole Bay Area. I believe it.

Since "pimping traits" are so clear, which other UW players are pimping? Or which player at other schools? I want to identify the pimps! It is easy to find the pimps after they have been arrested.

Good point on the NBA. I guess Pondexter was a first round pick last year because the NBA missed on the clear pimping traits of Overton (and others?). And Thomas going late was due to the pimping, not being 5'8'' with a funny looking jumper.

Future UW recruits be warned!

Sluggo

Quote:
The Gordon's next big decision will be....

Will Aaron go to Findlay Prep?

Due to the Bay negative reaction to Brandon Ashley decision, it is more likely that Aaron goes to Findlay provided Findlay win the HS national championship, again.

Note-
The big question for DAD... he said that he did not know about the PIMPING.
wow.. unbelievable that he would not know.
A number of players knew about Overton's Pimp traits.
And yes, Overton was Pimping while at Washington?
The NBA refuse to take any Washington PimpU players. The last pick is a clear message to Romar.
  (#8) Old
no bear

07-01-2011, 01:59 AM

Aaron Gordon and family are considering a move to Findlay prep?

Yes, they are.

Is Aaron mature enough to go or wait a year?
  (#9) Old
Loyal Bear

07-01-2011, 03:11 AM

Sounds like Findlay Prep should change their team name to Soldiers. Not everyone would be happy playing at Findlay. Only one ball and only 5 play at a time. Gordon, Ashley, Bird etc do not need Findlay to improve their recruiting net. They likely would be going to play with and against better players to prepare for college. Not necessary really and would really discourage HS juniors from making this move. if they want to play their senior season at Findlay I get it, but 2 years?

Findlay is over selling their program. Not a good fit for every player.
  (#10) Old
no bear

07-01-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6956bear View Post
Sounds like Findlay Prep should change their team name to Soldiers. . Gordon, Ashley, Bird etc do not need Findlay to improve their recruiting net. They likely would be going to play with and against better players to prepare for college..
Bear,

Findlay to Soldier relations is very obvious.
It is so obvious... is it by design.

The reason for going to Findlay is to improve into an elite level.
"To be the BEST, you need to play the BEST."

Those HS that Ashley,Gordon,Artis,Bird are not elite and their development will surely suffer. No doubt.

A two year stint seems like a better option than 1 year, at Findlay....if you really want to get better. imo
  (#11) Old
Loyal Bear

07-01-2011, 06:10 PM

If you think the only thing that matters is preparing to play college hoops. These guys may be getting better competition by playing at Findlay, but will miss out on much of what the normal HS student would experience. It does not look like Terrance Jones suffered too much by staying at Jefferson for example. Or Derrick Williams playing for his local HS.

These guys are getting sold a bill of goods IMO.
  (#12) Old
no bear

07-02-2011, 03:37 PM

Received confirmation that Aaron Gordon will not be going to Findla prep.

Seems like another year ,at home, will help with his growth, outside of basketball.

Cal view point----
Aaron Gordon decision not to go to Findlay is a clear advantage for CAL.

Aaron does not want to play against the big boys and prefers to stay at home.
Close to home maybe the calling.

Washington PimpU is not looking as attractive.
Looks like the Gordon's really do not know Romar.

Last edited by TheRise; 07-02-2011 at 03:46 PM.
  (#13) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

Basketball Salesian, Archbishop Mitty & Bishop O'Dowd are NOT elite? - 07-02-2011, 05:30 PM

All three have participated in CA state championships representing Northern California recently. I'll say one thing-if these 3 or 4 guys local guys depart for a prep school in Nevada, it will materially affect those programs this season & next.

I personally think that it's nuts to give up the high school experience/education that these kids are obtaining at private Catholic schools. It's not showing those schools and high school teammates much respect, either. I've never heard of a mass defection of talent to one prep school before...Strange stuff. GO BEARS!

____________________________________________________________ __________________________________
Quote:
Bear,

Findlay to Soldier relations is very obvious.
It is so obvious... is it by design.

The reason for going to Findlay is to improve into an elite level.
"To be the BEST, you need to play the BEST."

Those HS that Ashley,Gordon,Artis,Bird are not elite and their development will surely suffer. No doubt.

A two year stint seems like a better option than 1 year, at Findlay....if you really want to get better. imo

Last edited by Schroeder71; 07-02-2011 at 05:33 PM.
  (#14) Old
Loyal Bear

07-02-2011, 07:02 PM

I agree with you on this 71. I may be biased as an O'Dowd alum, but the points you make are correct.

There was a time when some HS players went to some post HS college prep schools to get their academics in order or allow their bodies to develop. This also appears to be a way of getting around transfer rules which prevent certain schools from using that process to build better teams as they don't participate in any local leagues that I am aware of.
  (#15) Old
Golden Bear

it's a new world - 07-02-2011, 08:09 PM

things have changed.

they played on the same AAU team, had success on the national scale, each rising in the ratings in their own right.

why only do that on their HS team

together at Findley they can play together year round and perhaps win a HS championship, all the while playing against top competition and getting better

it's not disrespect for their own team...it's just driving for their dream

things have changed.

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez