Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Women's Basketball
Reload this Page Top Recruiting Classes
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

Top Recruiting Classes - 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM

couple different rankings....

Ranking the top classes

Mike Flynn, BlueStar Basketball

1. Duke
2. Tennessee
3. Connecticut
4. Stanford
5. UCLA
6. Notre Dame
7. Iowa
8. Texas
9. California
10. South Carolina

Glenn Nelson, ESPN

1. Tennessee
2. Connecticut
3. Duke
4. UCLA
5. Stanford
6. California
7. Texas A&M
8. Southern Cal
9. Iowa
10. Texas
  (#2) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

11-10-2010, 09:24 PM

With three consecutive, highly-rated, recruit classes, Joanne has some terrific athletes to help Cal succeed in the PacXII, and make some big noise in the NCAA Tournament. I'm confident in Joanne and her staff to continue building a championship team at Cal. Go Bears!
  (#3) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

Questions for Recruitniks: - 11-11-2010, 06:46 AM

With Erika Johnson, Brittany Boyd, and now Rashanda Gray already on board, will Joanne take any more recruiting commits this year? If so, what positions might she want most?

Are there any really good post players still undecided?

How does next season's group of recruits shape up in terms of post players?

BTW, there is an ESPN site that addresses recruits who have committed and/or signed (the "Brittany Boyd" post by Stanford Scout 09), but I have never seen a site or publication that provides a summary of what recruiting prospects are interested in what schools or vice versa. Does anyone know if such a site or publication exists, or must one painstakingly dig the prospect information for womens' hoops out of local publications, Hoopsgurlz, and individual posts on the various fans' websites?

Last edited by GldnBear71; 11-11-2010 at 08:02 AM.
  (#4) Old
Loyal Bear

Joanne's Recruiting & Asst Coaches - 11-11-2010, 08:24 AM

Joanne started slow on the recruiting front at Cal. Her first two classes weren't spectacular like the last three. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but didn't Morrison have a lot to do with the recruiting of her first super class (especially the SoCal women)? Seems like Smith got some credit last year as well. My point is that while the HC has to be able to close the deal. The assistants do a lot of the actual scouting and recruiting, so they deserve some recognition too. It seems to me Joanne has put together a solid PAC-10calibre staff and that really helps attract top flight players.
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

11-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnBear71 View Post
I have never seen a site or publication that provides a summary of what recruiting prospects are interested in what schools or vice versa.
You can go to the Main HoopGurlz site:

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...ll/recruiting/

Near the top, under the black bar, is a menu bar which reads:
* HoopGurlz Home
* Top 100
* Super 60
* Prospects
* Teams
* Club Listings
* McDonald's Game
* Message Board
* Soundslides
* Boys Basketball

Under Top 100, Super 60, or Prospects you can get lists of players. Click on a name to get details, like which schools they're interested in.

Under Teams you get a list of conferences. Click on a team for the vice versa.
  (#6) Old
Loyal Bear

You can also check Nor Cal Prep - 11-11-2010, 10:14 AM

to see who teir top 25 for each class is. They know Northern /cal better than Hoopgurlz.
  (#7) Old
Golden Bear

yeah but............... - 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM

I think it is on their premium page!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvitbear View Post
to see who teir top 25 for each class is. They know Northern /cal better than Hoopgurlz.
  (#8) Old
Real Bear

11-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOCAL73 View Post
Joanne started slow on the recruiting front at Cal. Her first two classes weren't spectacular like the last three. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but didn't Morrison have a lot to do with the recruiting of her first super class (especially the SoCal women)? Seems like Smith got some credit last year as well. My point is that while the HC has to be able to close the deal. The assistants do a lot of the actual scouting and recruiting, so they deserve some recognition too. It seems to me Joanne has put together a solid PAC-10calibre staff and that really helps attract top flight players.
having a solid coaching staff makes the head coach even better. instruction, recruiting prowness and interacting ability from the assistant coaches and staff make a head coaches job much easier, and this will show up in how the players grow and play. hardworking talent trumps talent.
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

11-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Hopefully we can compete for the National title soon.