Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Colorado picks Boyle over Dunlap
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

Colorado picks Boyle over Dunlap - 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM

Big blow for Dunlap, who really wanted this job, and IMO, was a perfect fit having won 2 D-2 national titles at Metro State in Denver AND having NBA coaching experience as an assistant with the Nuggets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5113342

I wonder if Oregon will reconsider him now.
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

04-19-2010, 10:00 AM

Dunlap seems to be a more qualified candidate. I sort of feel bad for the guy, he can't get a break. He may be one of those life long assistants or coordinators.
  (#3) Old
Loyal Bear

04-19-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTopOneChickenApple View Post
Dunlap seems to be a more qualified candidate. I sort of feel bad for the guy, he can't get a break. He may be one of those life long assistants or coordinators.
If Dunlap really wants a BCS conference head coaching position, he might need to step down a level (ala Northern Colorado). He has only been a HC at a JC, hasn't he. His two PAC10 stints as Assts have not been exactly successes.
  (#4) Old
Mike Zillion

04-19-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB2813 View Post
Big blow for Dunlap, who really wanted this job, and IMO, was a perfect fit having won 2 D-2 national titles at Metro State in Denver AND having NBA coaching experience as an assistant with the Nuggets.

Well, at least it's not Joanne
  (#5) Old
Mike Zillion

04-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTopOneChickenApple View Post
I don't feel bad for the guy at all. I know he is well thought of as a teacher of the game, but he also seems to have a sense of entitlement that winning 2 Div II national championships means you should step right in to a plum major conference coaching job without paying your dues at a mid-major job first. He could probably be head coach of Arizona right now if he had been willing to be the interim coach, but he wouldn't do that.

Plus it's not as if he's going broke being an assistant. He's made some nice coin over the last few years.

Last edited by Mike Zillion; 04-19-2010 at 12:23 PM.
  (#6) Old
Real Bear

04-19-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB2813 View Post

Oh I see. I thought you were talking about last night's Sharks game