Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Olympic Sports
Reload this Page Tomorrow Oregon's SB game..any GT?
Notices

(#1) Old
Golden Bear

Tomorrow Oregon's SB game..any GT? - 04-19-2012, 06:05 PM

Oregon's website looks to have paid video but doesn't look like there is GT. Wonder if Rookiebear1754 will be there to tweet the game or Cal will be blogging the game. Anyone knows?
  (#2) Old
New Bear

04-19-2012, 07:05 PM

RookieBears1754 was in Hawai'i for the Spring Fling tournament, so I have to assume that she'll take the trip up to Eugene. If not, @calsoftball usually does a decent job with updates (not quite as detailed as Rookie Bears1754), and they are always at road games.
  (#3) Old
Active Bear

04-20-2012, 05:57 AM

She'll be there. Last Friday was the first game she's missed in 3 years.
  (#4) Old
Golden Bear

04-20-2012, 06:10 AM

Thanks. Looking forward to her tweets.... Hope things are going well with him and Go Bears!
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

04-20-2012, 08:41 AM

You can watch the game online for a fee as well
  (#6) Old
Golden Bear

04-20-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
You can watch the game online for a fee as well
The ducks site is free? Thanks
  (#7) Old
Golden Bear

04-20-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
The ducks site is free? Thanks
Oops misread fee as free.
  (#8) Old
Real Bear

04-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
Oops misread fee as free.
I paid 8 bucks to watch the game and the video is down. Essentially paid to listen to the radio... and the kicker is that was down for two of the innings. I hope Cal obliterates Oregon even worse than this 6 to 1 score
  (#9) Old
Real Bear

04-20-2012, 10:42 PM

@RookieBears1754 is in Oregon for the series, so she is Tweeting the play-by-play.

Oregon's version of GameSlacker, called Neulion, is available on the Oregon site: http://www.goducks.com/liveStats/liv...?DB_OEM_ID=500. Click on the icon in the last column; it shows up right before the game starts.

Also, did anyone notice that Liz Brenner, from the volleyball team, and lately from the basketball team, has joined the softball team now? Volleyball is her primary sport, she's pretty good, and filled in admirably in basketball when Amanda Johnson was injured. Anyone know anything about her softball skills?
  (#10) Old
New Bear

Oregon - 04-21-2012, 06:43 AM

She played for the Blaze-Kelly team that won u16ASA Nat. Championships along with Washington's Kaitlyn Inglsby(pitcher) and Oregon's(on DA)Alyssa Gillespe. Brenner is a power hitter. The girl can hit!
  (#11) Old
Golden Bear

04-21-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesagogo View Post
She played for the Blaze-Kelly team that won u16ASA Nat. Championships along with Washington's Kaitlyn Inglsby(pitcher) and Oregon's(on DA)Alyssa Gillespe. Brenner is a power hitter. The girl can hit!
When is the last time you see a athlete in 3 sports at the D-1 level? I remember her from VB. No doubt if she gets a hold of a ball..its going out.
  (#12) Old
Loyal Bear

04-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBear View Post
@RookieBears1754 is in Oregon for the series, so she is Tweeting the play-by-play.

Oregon's version of GameSlacker, called Neulion, is available on the Oregon site: http://www.goducks.com/liveStats/liv...?DB_OEM_ID=500. Click on the icon in the last column; it shows up right before the game starts.

Also, did anyone notice that Liz Brenner, from the volleyball team, and lately from the basketball team, has joined the softball team now? Volleyball is her primary sport, she's pretty good, and filled in admirably in basketball when Amanda Johnson was injured. Anyone know anything about her softball skills?
Two things:

1st: YES the Neulion link is confirmed to work grrreat, resolving to this one:
http://www.goducks.com/newLiveStats/...&db_oem_id=500

2nd: Liz Brenner? We've been to a lotta women's basketball yet still I don't recognize the LB name. Dumb question, impossible really, but why don't wbb fans know her yet, nor found in the womens calbear's roster? [poster scratches scalp, perplexed]

Thanks in advance BleacherB, as always.

#GoBears!

Wonderflonium: Do NOT Bounce.
  (#13) Old
Real Bear

04-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks Roseagogo, for the Brenner insights. I'm pretty new to softball, so I pretty much don't know anything about the players before they're in college, other than the Cal players who are from the Bay Area.

SiniCal: Brenner plays for Oregon, not Cal. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my post! (And thanks for adding the fixed URL for Neulion, here and to other threads.)

It's amazing that she can play 3 sports at the college level ... I don't know how she manages to get schoolwork done. I'd love to find an interview with her; it has to be hard to just go from sport to sport, in terms of team chemistry and learning the plays. Kudos to her for being able to do it.
  (#14) Old
Real Bear

oregon - 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiniCal View Post
Two things:

2nd: Liz Brenner? We've been to a lotta women's basketball yet still I don't recognize the LB name. Dumb question, impossible really, but why don't wbb fans know her yet, nor found in the womens calbear's roster? [poster scratches scalp, perplexed]

Thanks in advance BleacherB, as always.

#GoBears!
The other day on the Oregon website there was an article on Liz Brenner. She is a Duck not a Bear. Would have been really odd if you had found her in the Calbears.com roster
  (#15) Old
Loyal Bear

Number 42 gazillion on the list.. - 04-22-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairOfTheBear View Post
She is a Duck not a Bear.
.. of things I don't know. Thanks, all, for the 'rest of the story'.

#wheee!

Wonderflonium: Do NOT Bounce.