Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Football
Reload this Page Ted Miller is Sunshine Pumping Us to Death
Notices

(#31) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

04-19-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedhead03 View Post
From what I recall, Riley looked like a deer in headlights, and Tedford put Longshore back in to close out the game. I think Longshore even took the final kneel down after the touchback.
That is what happened. I'm pretty sure Longshore did not throw another pass in that game after the injury happened. We got an INT after that and fortunately Forsett was able to pound it in for us for the go-ahead TD.
  (#32) Old
Loyal Bear

04-19-2012, 06:19 PM

We will get clownstomped by OSU for the same reason we got clownstomped at Nevada, at Maryland, and at Tennessee. I'm not sure exactly what that reason is, but I'm pretty familiar with the result.
  (#33) Old
Real Bear

04-19-2012, 06:57 PM

Again showing Ted Miller knows very little. I don't know anything about OSU, and certainly a team with a weak O Line can have trouble (and thus cause turnovers) vs a formidable front 7 (not so sure Cal qualifies as having one), but he talks about Cal's prospects as if he never watched this team play last year.
  (#34) Old
Golden Bear

04-19-2012, 07:55 PM

We never had a double digit lead in that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabes View Post
That was also the day that we found out how horribly unprepared/unwilling JT was to use a backup QB. We only compensated for Longshore limping around because we had a double digit lead at the time and we forced the near goal-line fumble for a touchback.

It's funny, because in the RR/AR year, JT was willing to bring AR along to replace RR as the starter -- and in the game against USC he was willing to pull AR in the 2nd half and let RR finish the victory.
  (#35) Old
Loyal Bear

04-20-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalReason View Post
Again showing Ted Miller knows very little. I don't know anything about OSU, and certainly a team with a weak O Line can have trouble (and thus cause turnovers) vs a formidable front 7 (not so sure Cal qualifies as having one), but he talks about Cal's prospects as if he never watched this team play last year.
Miller knows us well. In fact, he is LIKE many of us. He has seen a lot, yet he continues to have that hope for the Bear team just like we do. Hopefully, for all of us, he is right.
  (#36) Old
Real Bear

04-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Bear View Post
Miller knows us well. In fact, he is LIKE many of us. He has seen a lot, yet he continues to have that hope for the Bear team just like we do. Hopefully, for all of us, he is right.
Agree with this. Miller knows the Pac pretty well and pokes fun at each fanbases' specific personality. He's mentioned our ability to face plant many, many times, but never in a cruel way.

I hope we finally prove him right one of these days. I think every other pundit is out of our corner until we can prove something.
  (#37) Old
Loyal Bear

One day, maybe before I die - 04-20-2012, 07:55 AM

Miller will look like a genius with his Cal predictions. As Red said in Shawshank Redemption, "I hope".
  (#38) Old
Real Bear

04-20-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedhead03 View Post
I swear, we get more mileage over close losses and close first halves than any other team in the country. We rode our close loss to USC in 2004 for pretty much the next 3-5 years. We're now riding our close loss and close first half to Oregon. How about a big win? I'd argue we really haven't had one since our 2003 win over USC. Translation? We're due. LET'S GO BEARS! F*** THE OHIO STATE F***EYES!
Actually, it was our victory over the eventual national champion Trojan team of 2003 followed by our very close loss on the road the following year against an even better Trojan team that we rode for 3-5 years.
  (#39) Old
no bear

04-21-2012, 12:18 AM

"Sure, why not...Cal will destroy Ohio State in Columbus on national TV, too!...Yes..
yes....more gas...u$c won't have a chance against Cal in the L.A. smog.....yes ....yes...more Miller...
and I don't mean the beer either....AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAA"

Last edited by Blueblood; 04-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.