Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page P12 post-season awards
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

P12 post-season awards - 03-05-2012, 08:47 AM

Posted in today's Seattle Times. Two Bears and two Huskies on first team.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...allens_pa.html
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

03-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Those are Percy Allen's choices, not the actual selections.
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

03-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Just an article by a Seattle Times writer - no wonder that it has a decidedly UW slant to it....

that being said - Jorge is certainly out of consideration for POY. I dont disagree with him being defensive POY, as he has played each team's best player for the most part and has fared much better against them then their average.

Bright side in all of this is that I dont see Crabbe going Pro anymore. He simply has not developed his game off the dribble and will not be drafted high enough on his potential to warrant coming out. He and Cobbs, Kravish and Solomon give us a good nucleus to work with next year. If Wallace and Rossi are able to contribute, then we could be looking at a talented young team. Losing Jorge and Kamp will definitely hurt, but we are getting longer and more athletic overall....
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

03-05-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollOn View Post
Just an article by a Seattle Times writer - no wonder that it has a decidedly UW slant to it....

that being said - Jorge is certainly out of consideration for POY. I dont disagree with him being defensive POY, as he has played each team's best player for the most part and has fared much better against them then their average.

Bright side in all of this is that I dont see Crabbe going Pro anymore. He simply has not developed his game off the dribble and will not be drafted high enough on his potential to warrant coming out. He and Cobbs, Kravish and Solomon give us a good nucleus to work with next year. If Wallace and Rossi are able to contribute, then we could be looking at a talented young team. Losing Jorge and Kamp will definitely hurt, but we are getting longer and more athletic overall....
I agree with all of this ... Jorge's two game regression is stunning. We actually outscored them by 10 after Jorge was pulled because of that boneheaded technical.

Next year will be interesting ... seems like lack of depth is going to be an issue again and MM is going to need to find guys he can trust. Its clear he trusted nearly no one on his bench this year. Furd's depth was enviable as they sent wave after wave of players at us the entire game ...
  (#5) Old
Golden Bear

03-05-2012, 10:59 AM

I think we will see more depth next year. With Jorge and Harper gone and everyone else returning there will be less drop off when Monty goes to the bench, therefore he should have less apprehension doing so. Solomon, Kravish, and Thermon should make a nice post rotation with Rossi, Krekow, Wallace and Murray competing for minutes at the wing positions. I would assume Crabbe and Cobbs will get about 30mpg.

Hopefully Cal will have a nice 8-man rotation (double digit minutes) by Pac12 play.
  (#6) Old
New Bear

03-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Yea he is being a UW homer i gotta go with Altman for COY even though it pains me to say it as a UW fan.

I thought it was crazy that Sean Miller was being mentioned 2 weeks ago as the 3rd person to win it when i thought Romar's or Montgomery's name should of been over his.
  (#7) Old
Golden Bear

What about Harper Kamp? - 03-05-2012, 11:43 AM

I think he is the most valuable player on our team. no mention AT all? Who else in the conference scores inside like he does? He kept us in the furd game as he has done many times before. ridiculous.
  (#8) Old
Active Bear

03-05-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskidunker View Post
I think he is the most valuable player on our team. no mention AT all? Who else in the conference scores inside like he does?
Never heard of Brock Motum apparently.