Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page That was an embarassment
Notices

(#1) Old
Loyal Bear

That was an embarrassment - 02-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Almost no one showed up for that game. No heart, no hustle, soft play, dumb play, lack of confidence. Jorge's worst game of his career. Out-coached.

I think you can kiss that regular season championship goodbye.

Last edited by bluesaxe; 02-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.
  (#2) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaxe View Post
Almost no one showed up for that game. No heart, no hustle, soft play, dumb play, lack of confidence. Jorge's worst game of his career. Out-coached.

I think you can kiss that regular season championship goodbye.
Monty did the most with what he had. You can only cover up for Thurman and Smith for so long while starting a skinny big frosh 35 minutes. No Solomon hurts too much.
  (#3) Old
Golden Bear

Location: Black roof country no gold pavements tired starlings
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessMilesMoreTedford View Post
Monty did the most with what he had. You can only cover up for Thurman and Smith for so long while starting a skinny big frosh 35 minutes. No Solomon hurts too much.
The absence of Solomon created a major dent. That is not debatable.
  (#4) Old
Real Bear

02-26-2012, 03:44 PM

Even with Solomon we don't win with our best player having such a bad night. Love Jorge but today
He had nothing -- not sure why
  (#5) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 03:55 PM

Jorge's effort today may have cost him Pac-12 POY.
  (#6) Old
Golden Bear

no need to panic - 02-26-2012, 04:05 PM

no doubt it was a bad loss considering what was at stake, but no need for a meltdown. We need to beat Stanford.

I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez
  (#7) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
no doubt it was a bad loss considering what was at stake, but no need for a meltdown. We need to beat Stanford.
It's not panic, it just is reality. This team has never shown up with less effort. That's not a good sign.

I just hope Jorge was sick or something. It's definitely good we have a week before the next game, but depending on UCLA to beat Washington doesn't make me optimistic.
  (#8) Old
New Bear

Cover up for who? - 02-26-2012, 04:18 PM

Thurman? What are you talking about? Let's not start with the Thurman bashing again. Without his contributions this year, we wouldn't even be in the Pac 12 championship conversation
  (#9) Old
Active Bear

02-26-2012, 04:29 PM

Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump and is statuesque on D. Enough said. When we have a bench of Smith and Thurman you get what we got tonight. I think Smith should not be playing because he is showing the effects of his concussion earlier in the season.
  (#10) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

02-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd59 View Post
Thurman is Jamieson #2. Remember him? Can't jump and is statuesque on D. Enough said. When we have a bench of Smith and Thurman you get what we got tonight. I think Smith should not be playing because he is showing the effects of his concussion earlier in the season.
Agreed. Robert should be the 4th guy in a 4 man front line rotation. Brandon isn't really a pac-12 caliber point guard. Been the challenge all year.
  (#11) Old
New Bear

In a Four-Man Rotation of... - 02-26-2012, 04:59 PM

You're speaking of him in a rotation with Griffin, Howard, and Bynum?
  (#12) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Honestly, I thought it was going to be tough to get this one. Teams usually come out angry after a bad loss like Colorado had. Plus, it was their senior day. Those guys didn't want to lose this one. The same is going to be the case at Furd next week. Not saying we are going to see the same result, but make no mistake, it is going to be a war.
  (#13) Old
New Bear

Who? - 02-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Sorry, can't make the connection to your the reference. Must have been someone who didn't play much. Thurman can't jump -- who's leading the team in dunks in about a quarter of the minutes played? In any case, both of your comments are not only inaccurate, but, insulting toward a player who was counted on for nothing and helped put us in the championship conversation.
  (#14) Old
Loyal Bear

02-26-2012, 05:07 PM

Why did this happen? What does Coach Monty say? Is there an issue?

"I cannot be certain of the answer in that regard." -PdS __
  (#15) Old
True Blue Golden Bear

02-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
Honestly, I thought it was going to be tough to get this one. Teams usually come out angry after a bad loss like Colorado had. Plus, it was their senior day. Those guys didn't want to lose this one. The same is going to be the case at Furd next week. Not saying we are going to see the same result, but make no mistake, it is going to be a war.
Plus we struggled hard to get the W at Haas - they gave us fits. I predicted the minute after we won the game that we would probably lose at Boulder.

For Furd, it will help if 1/3 of Maples is made up of Cal fans. That would kind of be deflating on senior day.