Chat Room
Go Back   The Bear Insider - Covering Cal Sports 24 x 7 > The Public Place where "CyberBears" Growl > Men's Basketball
Reload this Page Cal - Georgia Game thread
Notices

(#1) Old
Real Bear

Cal - Georgia Game thread - 11-21-2011, 06:21 PM

can't make easy shots in the lane...big time jitters!
  (#2) Old
Loyal Bear

11-21-2011, 06:22 PM

ugly game on offense. Kravish is a stud. Bears havent found an "identity" yet for this specific game. Crabbe is a no show thus far.
  (#3) Old
Real Bear

11-21-2011, 06:23 PM

we look like shiet. Crabbe has gotten Patrick Christopher-itis and has disappeared...
  (#4) Old
Loyal Bear

11-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlebear02 View Post
we look like shiet. Crabbe has gotten patrick christopher-itis and has disappeared...
lol
  (#5) Old
Real Bear

End of Half Runs now our forte!!! - 11-21-2011, 06:43 PM

14-0...yes!!
  (#6) Old
Real Bear

"great difference in athletic ability" from Game 1 says Knight - 11-21-2011, 07:35 PM

what the hell does that mean, Bobby?

What a P.O.S....dissing the Bears despite 25 pt lead.

Die already, you bastard.
  (#7) Old
Golden Bear

11-21-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
what the hell does that mean, Bobby?

What a P.O.S....dissing the Bears despite 25 pt lead.

Die already, you bastard.
What did that fat fock say? [I'm listening to game on radio]
  (#8) Old
Loyal Bear

11-21-2011, 07:41 PM

In other news .... the Ruins finally won a game .... against Chaminade

Whoo hoo .... they are on their way
  (#9) Old
Active Bear

11-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Knight said during the first half that the Cal-Georgia game is a more athletic game than the Missouri game, so his comment in the second half meant the Cal game is the more athletic, not the other way around. I expected to hate Knight tonight, but I actually think he has spoken highly of Cal throughout the game. He did point out that the help on the ball screen by Cal was staying too long, but he was right about that. I think he has done a good job, and I would rather hear his commentary than the hyper-ventilating Dick Vitale... no, I'm still a fan of Vitale.
  (#10) Old
Real Bear

11-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
Knight said during the first half that the Cal-Georgia game is a more athletic game than the Missouri game, so his comment in the second half meant the Cal game is the more athletic, not the other way around. I expected to hate Knight tonight, but I actually think he has spoken highly of Cal throughout the game. He did point out that the help on the ball screen by Cal was staying too long, but he was right about that. I think he has done a good job, and I would rather hear his commentary than the hyper-ventilating Dick Vitale... no, I'm still a fan of Vitale.
Well, I think the overall sentiment here - sans last comments - were not flattering toward us. But indeed, your point of general "energy" of announcing in incomparable; in an otherwise boring game, I'd still rather listen to Dickie V than fall asleep to Knight.
  (#11) Old
Real Bear

11-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
Well, I think the overall sentiment here - sans last comments - were not flattering toward us. But indeed, your point of general "energy" of announcing in incomparable; in an otherwise boring game, I'd still rather listen to Dickie V than fall asleep to Knight.
I think Knight was fair to us, he pointed out our weakness' and what we were doing right. I think Knight really liked Jorge & Kravish. He was pointing out that Notre Dame was really slow compaired to our game thus the early blowout by Missouri. I have heard Knight a couple of times this year and think he has improved his color commentary.
  (#12) Old
Real Bear

minutes - 11-21-2011, 09:08 PM

I just saw the final stats, and was pleased to see Jorge with 26 minutes and Harper with 27. Hope we can keep those two fresh all season.

Other major minutes were: Crabbe 33, Smith 25, Kravish 23, Solomon 22, and Cobbs 22. Nobody else had more than 7.
  (#13) Old
Real Bear

11-21-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
I agree completely. Some people around here just have to hate. If they can't hate on the team because it's playing well, then pick on the announcers. Really funny to see some of the haters totally misunderstand what Knight was saying tonight.

He actually provided good basketball analysis instead of the hype and fluff meant for the mainstream viewer. Unfortunately the prime time game will probably go to Dickie V tomorrow.
  (#14) Old
Loyal Bear

11-21-2011, 10:27 PM

haha Georgia's Head Coach, Mark Fox ..."We're still learning what we can do and what we can't do," Fox said. "Unfortunately for this team, we have to do that in public."

Great game Bears!
  (#15) Old
Active Bear

11-22-2011, 06:27 AM

It would be nice to graft the strengths of Vitale and Knight into one color commentator, but having them alternate is a very good combination, and a nice change of pace.

I hated Knight until last night's Cal-Georgia game, but he won me over with his work on that game.

For all his silliness, I love Vitale especially because, and my memory may be flawed, my recollection is that Vitale on ESPN was the principal motivating force that raised March Madness to the national phenomenon it has become.